Grow Lights

Does anyone have any experience of these?

I am looking for something to go on the lower shelves of my ikea iVAR green wall. Potentially those shelves may move closer together.

Ferdinand

F3789776-69DE-4706-B314-C7800A760726.jpeg

Edited by Ferdinand

One of my Airbnb geusts was working in this feild and at the time I was intrested, lost his bloody details now..... but his research was to do with LED grow lights as it was a very cheep way of. Increasing yield on a large scale, so hopefully someone knows something. I want to eventually look at the feasibility of doing  it throughout my planned polly tunnel to extend the growing season..... linked in to the whole thing being powered by a moderate sized wind turbine..... mostly just dreaming at the moment but........

• Like 1

I don't think that LED lighting is a replacement for natural light, think it is more a supplement or used in totally controlled areas with no natural light.

Different plants use different parts of the light spectrum, and they can change their needs throughout the year.  This is why leaves change colour.

Some plants also need a very definite amount of light before they start producing seeds/crops.

On 16/06/2020 at 11:52, Cpd said:

One of my Airbnb geusts was working in this feild and at the time I was intrested, lost his bloody details now..... but his research was to do with LED grow lights as it was a very cheep way of. Increasing yield on a large scale, so hopefully someone knows something. I want to eventually look at the feasibility of doing  it throughout my planned polly tunnel to extend the growing season..... linked in to the whole thing being powered by a moderate sized wind turbine..... mostly just dreaming at the moment but........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-45286413

https://www.hutton.ac.uk/news/scotlands-first-vertical-indoor-farm-unveiled-hutton-dundee-site

• Thanks 1