Annexe conversion and removal of planning condition

sheikyerbouti

Hi,

1st time poster here so bear with me, i'm not a technical person in the field of planning :)

I bought a house with an annexe in 2012.  The annexe was converted from a stable/garage in 2005 and had a planning condition to say it had to stay as an ancilliary to the main dwelling.  In 2016 I went to a planning workshop and explained I wanted to seperate the annexe in to a seperate dwelling.  This was well recieved and I recieved planning permission for change of use from "dwelling annexe to seperate dwelling".  

My question is, does this planning cancel out the original planning condition or do I also ned to apply to remove the previous condition?  I've completed the works and am about to move to the next step and don't want to go to the local council with the incorrect info/incorrect route.  

+1

6 hours ago, sheikyerbouti said:

I recieved planning permission for change of use from "dwelling annexe to seperate dwelling".  

It's planning status is now "separate dwelling" so as far as the planners are concerned you are free to split the title and sell the annex as a separate house if you wish. 

If that's what you plan to do then remember you may need Permission from your mortgage company and they may want you to repay off a fraction of the mortgage with the proceeds of the sale.

You may also need to split the utilities so the annex has its own water, electric, gas, sewerage etc

After the title is split you should probably tell your insurance company about the change from detached to semi-detached.

Thanks for the help all.  It seems from your comments and other research that I don't actually need to do too much at the moment.

I am with Santander who are notoriously bad at title splits so may wait until the end of my lock in period to adjusts.  I only have a 40% ltv so will try them anyway.