ASHP/PV Suppliers in NI

Conor

I've been shopping online for things like an ASHP and a PV setup... I'm waiting for the inevitable "we don't deliver to NI"

I'm doing mostly DIY install... who locally would supply a ASHP and who would sell PV panels, inverts etc?

• 5 months later...

have you considered Daly renewables? i have spoken to them and they seem to be the business. I have heard good reports of them locally, may be a premium price but by all accounts provide an excellent service and have good aftercare too. He was straight laced when i spoke to him, he will tell you what you need from an engineering perspective as opposed to a sales pitch. 

5 minutes ago, StevieD said:

have you considered Daly renewables? i have spoken to them and they seem to be the business. I have heard good reports of them locally, may be a premium price but by all accounts provide an excellent service and have good aftercare too. He was straight laced when i spoke to him, he will tell you what you need from an engineering perspective as opposed to a sales pitch. 

They would be one of the most popular companies here doing this work. Plenty of sites beside me with their advertisement on the site fence. I talked to them at the self build show years ago and they do really know their stuff but like most good things you will pay extra for that premium service.

47 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

but like most good things you will pay extra for that premium service.

it is true but i think its one area in a build you want to get right and not mess about and have different trades getting involved or try and save corners. Brother had a fallout with a plumber who didnt pressure test the UFH before screeding/tiling, once it was switched on and the inevitable leek was realized (upstairs), quite a bit of damage and tearing up to find and fix that joint. 

Dalys had a good examples of systems they have installed, ASHP/GSHP/PV panel/etc. and covering different types of houses (bungalow, 250m2 up to a mansion) and compared it to alternative method (oil burner, rads, etc.), obviously everything is taken with a pinch of salt but i was impressed and do want to use them when i get going. 

There are some things i don't think are worth it for a new build (beam vacuum system, conservatory, sash windows, those big bespoke windows above the front door) and save it for things that are important - decent heating system that is low maintenance and economical (long run). 

5 hours ago, StevieD said:

Yes. Spoke to them a couple years ago under recommendation from our architect. From the casual conversation the ballpark numbers mentioned were about double the DIY route. But time and quality are important and I might not be able to deliver either... so going back to them for a proper quote I think.

C.