Fireplace help

I've just noticed something on our plans that may need changing. I'm attaching pics of our existing fireplace (excuse the mess) and the side which goes into the kitchen and a snapshot of the plan.

We are keeping the stove and don't have any issues with its current location as such but need to sort all the brickwork out as it's just too big and spans the whole living room wall and we would prefer something more modern.

The issue I'm having is that on the plans the back of the fireplace seems to back into the kitchen currently (shown on the pic) and in our new kitchen we need the wall to be flat for kitchen units/oven etc but I don't know if there is a way to do this without literally having the whole existing chimney taken our and rebuilt.

IMG_20200421_103406.jpg

IMG_20200421_103713.jpg

IMG_20200421_103424.jpg

Here you go. It may be better to rip the whole thing out and start again though I don't think there is any issues with it as such as the guy who sweeps our chimney and checked it over last year said all was fine.

Think I've also found a bit of a wasps nest, though this could explain last year's wasps! Didn't see any as I walked in the loft though. Wasp advice also welcome. 

IMG_20200421_115421.jpg

IMG_20200421_115004.jpg

IMG_20200421_115041.jpg

IMG_20200421_115004.jpg

Edited by canalsiderenovation