safe zones

1 - is it ok to have a Consumer Unit located directly above a shower ceiling?

2 - is it ok to have ring mains cables/ 24 volt transformers in ceiling void above shower?

3 - cant seem to upload a picture so i will try and explain this one - ring main has sockets on two side walls and the cable runs at socket level along the middle wall:  is it ok for there to be no socket on the middle wall and for the cable run to considered a safe zone?

Safe zones only apply to walls so anything is allowed above the ceiling.

I don't understand your "consumer unit above a ceiling" question.  There are rules about accessability and "above a ceiling" does not sound the right place.

To create a safe zone you need an accessory in that wall. So if you plan to run cables round a room at socket height, you need at least one socket on every wall.

I see Dave, thanks.

The CU placement ideally goes in the space above the shower - its a vaulted barn roof with access from a mezzanine/bed level so will have room to get cables in.

1 hour ago, jfb said:

I see Dave, thanks.

The CU placement ideally goes in the space above the shower - its a vaulted barn roof with access from a mezzanine/bed level so will have room to get cables in.

It's a separate room on a separate floor so the presence of the shower below in irellevant.  It should still meet accessible heights etc.

Thanks for this thread jfb, I was going to ask similar questions this week, specifically about safe zones in ceilings, that ProDave has kindly already covered. 

Also safe zone related - are there any rules about how close cables can run adjacent to and over top of a door or window?