Wall mounted sink unit

Pocster

This is what I have. 

https://www.roperrhodes.co.uk/u/products/downloads/System-WM-500-600-800-1200-Instructions_V2_190503_110347.pdf

Unit with sink will be heavy - surprisingly I.e worryingly it hangs on some simple brackets ( guess I was expecting some sort of metal floor fixed frame ) 

Apart from adding more stud and noggins - anything else I should do to make this a rock solid fixing ?

Assume I still tile the wall fully before fitting . Walls were currently just due tile backer board 

1478E7E4-09C2-40C9-BA55-14C85FD2C68C.jpeg

4F994C66-9374-453C-A2C4-BA85A937A6BB.jpeg

My sink screws to the bfo 6x2 screwed in horizontal:

SAM_3487

Then the sink fixings (bought seperate from S'fix) that have a bolt thread one end and a woodscrew the other end into that 6x2:

2019-03-07_09-37-57

If I hadn't have had a pedestal I'd have overboarded with 1/2" marine ply rather than 1/2" mrpb.

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

My sink screws to the bfo 6x2 screwed in horizontal:

https://flic.kr/p/L9znPF

Then the sink fixings (bought seperate from S'fix) that have a bolt thread one end and a woodscrew the other end into that 6x2:

https://flic.kr/p/2dYUr53

If I hadn't have had a pedestal I'd have overboarded with 1/2" marine ply rather than 1/2" mrpb.

I like what you’ve done there - a chunky timber straight across . How did you decide height for the sink ?

Might do similar as you and marine ply ontop aswell . You used mrpb on the walls not a water resistant tile backer board ?

Edited by pocster

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

I like what you’ve done there - a chunky timber straight across . How did you decide height for the sink ?

Driven by where it sat on the pedestal. Then sat it on a stool roughly the right height just to get a feel. Aim was to have the fixing bolts dead centre along the 6x2. It really is solider than a solid thing.

SAM_2214

There's a bit here about it too:

• Thanks 1

Tbh you could go 8 or 9x2 even. Try and avoid your sink fixing screws hitting the screws that fix the noggin. I went a bit ott and let the 6x2 into the studs. I did you'll note add a cheeky 2" onto the 6x2 (on the right hand side) which was a bit short! Everthing screwed and D4 glued.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Tbh you could go 8 or 9x2 even. Try and avoid your sink fixing screws hitting the screws that fix the noggin. I went a bit ott and let the 6x2 into the studs. I did you'll note add a cheeky 2" onto the 6x2 (on the right hand side) which was a bit short! Everthing screwed and D4 glued.

D4 ??

I think from memory I might have CT1'd the back of the basin to the tiles too...I certainly did the pedestal to the floor and the basin to the pedestal. That alone would probably hold things up!

It was cleaned of flush with the Fugi silicone tool, then when dry gone over with a bead of Forever White.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Ok ! Think I’ll glue and screw your horizontal support and also the marine ply . 

I'll measure later the finished floor to top of basin.

Seem to remember similar dilemmas over how high to have the WC seat off the floor!

11 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yes ! My next question would of been height of WC !!!

Mine is at nom. 445mm, floor to top of seat:

IMG-20190528-WA0004

Bit about it here, with other's thoughts, to save you wading through War & Peace:

EDIT: Page 20 of W&P as I cant seem to link the page.

Edited by Onoff
  • Thanks 1