MVHR design

Hi,

What would you all expect to receive with regards to MVHR design? The company I am (was?) going to use seem to be rather 'relaxed' so the email that came through with the design didn't have any layout for downstairs - I can cope without pipe runs (as long as they send plenty of pipe) but location of supply and extract would be useful. Rather surprised how little they have provided.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any observations / comments.

Cc

I'd certainly expect more than that. I used GBS and received detailed layouts in several planes showing duct runs/sizes, supply/extract positions, flow rates, details of unit mounting/connections and external penetrations. 

@CC45 beware, here be dragons!

How to say it in a few words?

• There's an in-built conflict of interest in this sector. Many producers employ designers
  • It is almost always unclear what is meant by the term 'guarantee'
  • After extensive research, I have yet to find a company that recognises the conflict of interest and earns all of its income from producing well-researched, competent  designs in the same way as (say) Architects or Structural Engineers.

I have spent many hours on this subject and my stomach is still full of dread. With an SE, for example I can say to mine  (Tanner SE) 'Give me  a fee proposal for xyz, please', and a week later they send me one, I accept, and two weeks later the design is in my In box. Their design is backed by qualification, licence and a fine reputation.

The only fair thing to say in defence of the MVHR sector is that it's immature, as yet.

Careful research is the only way of mitigating the risk. By the sound of it, you've already filtered one out of your net.