Does anyone aprt form Severn Trent do new water connections?

gwebstech

Hi all

Just wondering if you guys know of any other firms that do new water connections as the application form alone for ST is like pulling teeth! And i cant imagine they are the cheapest outfit either. Ive looked online but can only see big companies offering to do it and again theyll all be wanting even more than ST

thanks

1 hour ago, Oz07 said:

I found the latest one a lot easier. You fill it out online

what about the bit where it says are you building to regulations G - and then you have to fill out this kind of form that wants to know the capacity of your bath, your sinks etc toilets

wtf

1 hour ago, gwebstech said:

what about the bit where it says are you building to regulations G - and then you have to fill out this kind of form that wants to know the capacity of your bath, your sinks etc toilets

wtf

Yes that is standard. It’s about water usage. You can make it up ..... 

23 hours ago, PeterW said:

No ... it’s the water in not the water out. Rainwater doesn’t count 

oh right i see. I just assumed that they would take into account the rin going into the sewer

i was just looking into how to recycle some rainwater for flushing toilets too! as i thought this would cut the cost down of them fitting my supply (if i was recycling some of it)

10 hours ago, PeterW said:

Harvesting will need to be done using a certified system if you want it considered so it will be north of £2500 - that’s about 8 years of a standard water bill, or 35 years of just toilet flushing ... 

ahem!! ill give that a miss

thanks