Costs for condition discharge / variation

Moonshine

My planning application has a couple of pre-commencement conditions and a condition that I want to have a variation on.

Can anyone advise if the cost for the discharge and the variation will be covered under the same fee and what that be likely is in terms of planning costs?

2 minutes ago, Sensus said:

Is it a new-build or a householder extension we're talking about?

The application fee for discharge of conditions on a new build is £116 per request (£34 per request for householder applications), noting that as @Jilly says, you can make one request/application to discharge multiple conditions at once, so it can make sense to package everything into a single application, if you have more than one.

The application fee to vary or remove a planning condition is £234, and it will need to be a separate application to the discharge one (separate process, under a different bit of the legislation).

Did the Planners ask you, before imposing the pre-commencement conditions

Thanks,

New build, its not a pre-commencement condition which requires the potential variation,

The condition was a surprise as our proposals had the counter to the condition all this the way through, but the case officer didn't alert us that it was an issue.

yep i understand that there will additional architectural fees as part of the discharge / variation.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

If it is still relevant I have managed to get a condition amended as part of an application to discharge pre-commencement conditions, though there was a linkage because of the nature of the amended condition, relating to tree protection where we wanted to reposition the tree protection fencing to allow us slightly alter the layout of parking which was part of a pre-commencement condition.  So we could not discharge one of the conditions in the way we wanted without modifying the other condition.  But as we can not have the amended condition discharged yet due to its nature the case officer simply discharged all the other conditions then asked us to agree to a 12 month extension to the discharge of the condition that was amended.  It was very helpful of the officer.