Wet room without mosaic tiles?

It's not "roddable". There's an insert that restricts anything bigger than a few mm's from getting into the trap, and when you pull this insert out you can clean away anything in the top of the trap, But you can't pull the trap out and rod through.

You can get a plunger on it at plunge it clean. Tbh with the first trap that lifts out and the 50mm waste, there's not much that's going to ever go wrong. These are designed to be where they are so I'd not panic about that. 

The Impey linear I recently fitted had a 3 section trap; hair trap, airbreak insert and the waste / body itself. With the top two removed you can stare into the 40mm throat. excellent bit of kit.  

9 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You can get a plunger on it at plunge it clean. Tbh with the first trap that lifts out and the 50mm waste, there's not much that's going to ever go wrong.

This was my thoughts, and on mine the 50mm vertical connection drops directly into a 110mm waste so I can't see anything getting caught up.

Hi all, 

After a bit more looking at plans and head-scratching, we don't think the layout that @Nickfromwales suggested earlier (with the fall hidden by the glass screen) is going to work. I forgot that the shower backs up to the bath, so any fall in the tiles is going to be an awkward junction to detail. The shower is basically a 1mx1m square and then there is a slim dividing wall between the end of the shower area and the bath. 

So we won't have room for a fixed screen + getting in and out room, so it'll have to be a door or a slider, which would have to be on a flat surface. I've attached a plan in the hope that it makes it a bit clearer. So, the fall in the floor has to go from the middle of the room towards the wall with the bath and shower on it. 

I also looked at the website you mentioned @IanR, and unfortunately they don't do a plain stainless steel or tileable top, which is really what we're after. Gutting, because the prices are so good! Nick - can you buy the impey one without a former? 

As someone mentioned earlier - we'll need to run a 50mm connection from the waste into the drain, as unfortunately the 110 pipe is in slightly the wrong place (about 6 inches out), so perhaps being able to rod it is important? Lots of long hair in this house! What do we think about the mcalpine one? Are they generally a good make? 

Olwen & Ben Milne MBC Drawing_Rev C-GA GF Plan.pdf

Edited by divorcingjack
to clarify