In a box

SteamyTea

I had to stop reading  the other place. Some posters attitudes to rental tenants were abhorrent. Had they displayed such views about a recognised minority they would have been rightly pilloried. Instead, mocking the poor and/or financially unstable was condoned. Not their finest hour.

I can see both sides of this.

When we used to run the B&B we once found the room thermostat turned up to 30 degrees, and the bedroom windows wide open.  Some people have no idea how things work, and it they are not paying the bill, have no interest whatsoever in being efficient with energy usage.  It did not matter to them that the boiler was working it's socks off to pump heat out into the street.

The other side was in our buy to lets, where the tenants paid the utility bills, it was normal in winter to find the heating turned off, the property cold, the windows and ventilators shut, and the tenant complained of condensation and mould.

You do need the patience of a saint to be a landlord.

I removed the fan isolator switches so they could not stop the bathroom fans from operating.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I can see both sides of this.

When we used to run the B&B we once found the room thermostat turned up to 30 degrees, and the bedroom windows wide open.  Some people have no idea how things work, and it they are not paying the bill, have no interest whatsoever in being efficient with energy usage.  It did not matter to them that the boiler was working it's socks off to pump heat out into the street.

The other side was in our buy to lets, where the tenants paid the utility bills, it was normal in winter to find the heating turned off, the property cold, the windows and ventilators shut, and the tenant complained of condensation and mould.

You do need the patience of a saint to be a landlord.

I removed the fan isolator switches so they could not stop the bathroom fans from operating.

?‍♂️