Electrical symbols

cwr

Just starting into doing the electrical plans so that I have something to give electricians to quote on.

I've found these symbols in t'internet as free CAD downloads. Are they the current correct ones to use for UK electricians?

Thanks,

Electrical symbols.JPG

Yes, they look to be the right ones, although I suspect that most domestic drawings don't usually go into as much detail as this. 

I produced some laminated A3 drawings showing where our electrical stuff went, one for each floor, but just scribbling on walls or sticking reminder notes where things needed to be was more useful, especially when it comes to vertical placement, things like outlets for washing machines and dishwashers being under the height of work surfaces and being accessible with the cabinets in place, or built in cooker/hob connection points, and the positioning of cooker/hob switches.

I listed the number and types of outlets, switches, fittings etc for each room, too, really just as an aid when ordering stuff.

They are not quite the ones I usually see, e.g a double socket is usually two of the single socket symbols joined together.

But as long as you include a key for all the symbols used I cannot see it will matter.