Retrospective structural warranty quotes

I read a lot about structural warranties in this forum and how it is not worth the paper it s written on. I do pretty much agree and think, if the house is build by myself, I can pretty much estimate myself how solid it is.

Problems arise when/if I want to sell or mortgage it. Wether within the 10years or later. Currently it's not planned at all, but I know how my life changed in the last 10 years, so would never even try to predict the next.

problem are the prices for structural warranty. Had 4-5quotes. All came in around the 3k mark.

according to other people's experience that s pretty average and nothing to expensive. But would not like to spent these amounts for a "maybe I could need it, maybe not, will see" situation.

So I thought I look and get a better idea what a retrospective Structural warranty would cost.

there is a lot of talk (on here) about these. But nobody seems to have done one.

Any experiences? Any price comparison.

I have contacted the two companies that @Temp

Named in another topic. Both want a shear endless amount of documentation for my (imaginative) new build house before they can quote. So will be a bit difficult to get prices out of them.

just would like to get an idea about the price difference between regular structural warranty and retrospective.

Any experiences?

A friend of ours who is a site manager built a house in his garden

He finished just as We completed on the purchase of the plot 

I asked about a  warrantee and he replied I have t bothered They will carry me out of here in a box

Well Two years later this amazing plot of land came up and with a possible 300k profit His forever homes goes up for sale 

I asked if the lack of a SW would be an issue he said Nahhh It never came up Well the sale progressed nicely The chap who was purchasing wanted to know about the solar panels running costs MHVR 

Then he got a call from his solicitor requesting his SW 

That his sale fallen through 

He just said Nahh Get a retrospective Warrantee

Test holes around the foundations etc 

How wrong I was The Surveyor ? who visited him didn’t seem that interested in the house Just the BC cert and the rest of the paperwork 

He has an oak porch that they wouldn’t cover (Green) and a flat roof that they wouldn’t include 

He paid about £800 more than I did and took an indemnity with a separate company for the flat roof 

Think about £100 

we have some green oak and a similar flat roof

Buildzone didn’t  include ours either 

• Thanks 1