I have been lurking in this forum for some time, and I have to say, it has been a really useful source of information and advice. I am grateful to @Jeremy Harris , @Nickfromwales, @joe90 and many more for their many informative posts on ASHP, UFH, insulated slabs and so much more.
Our plan is to build a masonry cavity two-storey passive house on a KORE insulated slab. Plans are approved, construction starting hopefully in the spring. The heating system will be ASHP to buffer tank to single zone UFH downstairs (to the horror of some of my paid professionals) with some electric towel rails upstairs (more tutting from the M and E corner).
I'm keen to fit external blinds (architect not quite so keen) on the South facing glass but need to research this some more and decide pretty quickly. Warema? Internorm? Gaulhofer?
KNX will ideally be controlling the ASHP and MVHR as well as lower the blinds and cooling the slab when the sun is out. Which after this summer looks like it could happen more often than one day a year, even in Northern Ireland.
The house will be connected to 3-phase power, with two banks of solar on the roof. WIth divertor(s) to EV charging and immersion heater, this is way beyond my level of knowledged so hopefully my M and E guys can spec this all out to work nicely and balance the phases etc.
Generally speaking I have no idea what I'm doing so expect to see lots of stupid questions from me in the forums in the coming months!