Project Management Software

Wrekin1

Hi,

Has anyone used or can anyone recommend a project planning software suitable for a novice. I'm not looking for anything fancy and certainly not expensive, just something that can help me keep an easy and visual track (Gantt chart or similar) of the various key stages of a new build project, and if possible other key data at the same time, tenders sent and quotes received, contact details etc..

I can find many examples doing searches in google but would rather get some recommendations if possible as I will be a novice at this though am happy I have the various stages of the build broken down OK for cost budgeting purposes.

Many thanks in advance.

wrekin1

I used Excel with formulae and conditional formatting for the Gantt part. Excel has the advantage that it is very flexible - e.g. adding quotes and tenders etc, plus I can use it on the move on my smartphone. The disadvantage is setting it up for what you want can take some time and requires quite a bit of knowledge, plus you need to be disciplined in the way you use it. And it does not take care of scheduling dependancies automatically - down to you to identify and work on.

Happy to share - PM me your email and I can send it across.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...