External Velfac door - how to fit?

MarkH

Velfac (surprisingly, considering Velfac) provide a really very good guide to installing their windows. But when it comes to their external 'Ribo' door there is nothing. The usually helpful YouTube has a stack of videos on how to change the handle but none in door installation.

It might be that this is just a basic building technique. If anyone could give me a quick walk through I'd be very grateful.

I've got the frame in place and some long screws with plugs to go into the wall. I intended to remove the hinges and strike plates and drill through the frame there, so that the screw heads were hidden. Drill, wall plugs, frame back, screw, door on... Is that about right?

I don't think the doors are not made Velfac which is why they are not fitted the same as the 200 series windows.

You can drill the frame or fix some cranked steel plates to the outside of the frame and fix these to the walls. Packers around the frame to make sure is is held straight / plumb. Rehang the door and make sure it swings nicely, then foam the inside and mastic the outside.

I have fitted my own Pirnar door, 2.9m wide including a side window and used the steel plates described above. One advantage of using these is the door can still be raised/lowered a fraction so when I tile the floor I can get the door threshold to sit right down on the tiles by adding/removing some packers