south devon barn conversion

Duckman

Hi, pic attached of what I'm on with, intending to do everything myself, tho increasing years and lack of hi ab meant i outsourced the oak frame for the roof.

am currently about to start internal wall insulation using wood fibre with lime plaster over-coat... a route fraught with many pit falls, not least of which the crooks that sell the stuff!

SAM_1653.jpg

SAM_1719.jpg

• Like 1

How gorgeous.is that.....?

Tell us about

32 minutes ago, Duckman said:

[...]

am currently about to start internal wall insulation using wood fibre with lime plaster over-coat... a route fraught with many pit falls

[...]

Lime interests me because it's a bit mysterious, many shy away from it, some have advised me against, others the opposite.

Welcome, by the way

Welcome. Looks like a neat and tidy job. my projects is similar but I did not go down the “breathable” route. Instead I used pir insulation inside with a ventilation gap between it and the stonework. Very carful detailing on airtightness with the aim of installing an MVHR. I believe that once your committed yourself to the “breathable” route then you need to be  very careful not to deviate from using the correct materials. If you have not found the (Green building forum) already then I would advise you to pop over and have a look as this is something much more common to them. Best of luck.