L V cable price

Pete

Has anybody any idea of how much a LV mains cable supplying two houses would cost. I am trying to divide up the electric supply quote fairly between two houses but ENW cannot give me a breakdown as the computer will not let them.It is cheaper to do it this way than have a separate cable to each house from the mains but they cannot give us a breakdown of costs, computer says NO!!

The length of the LV mains cable is 60m with a service connection at 30m for the first house and then at the end of the LV mains cable there will be another connection for the domestic cable to house two. Part of the quote breaks down this part into the price of the cable, pulling it through the duct and the pavement excavation but that is it. I have contacted an electrical wholesaler but they needed to know the size of the cable which I do not know. They have said they will work on it being a similar size to the domestic cable to the house and get back to me.Anybody have any ideas? TIA

Surely the DNO will give you a price for the 2 connections and you pay half each. To try and split hairs by saying "yours uses a little bit more cable than mine" is just silly?  the cost difference will be a tiny fraction of the total cost.

The cable might be something like Wavecon 95 with a drop down to 23 or 35mm concentric to feed into the houses.

40 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Surely the DNO will give you a price for the 2 connections and you pay half each. To try and split hairs by saying "yours uses a little bit more cable than mine" is just silly?  the cost difference will be a tiny fraction of the total cost.

The cable might be something like Wavecon 95 with a drop down to 23 or 35mm concentric to feed into the houses.

You would have thought so but no they cannot. I take your point about just splitting it but the neighbour's house is approx 30m from the main and we are a further 30m on. I have just had a quote for the cable which was £800 so depending on how you do your sums can make quite a difference. I think we should be paying more due to the fact we are further from the mains cable. Now I have an idea of the price for the cable we can work together to sort it out.