What do people recommend

Really need to know two things:

The house total volume (as it's volume, rather than floor area, that determines the capacity of the MVHR).  If the ceiling heights are "standard" then this can vary from around 2.3m to 2.5m, but assuming 2.4m ceiling height then you're looking at a total volume of around 744m³. 

The other question is do you want a standard MVHR or one with integral comfort cooling?  The latter is an expensive option and there are, IMHO, better ways to get comfort cooling than using the MVHR.

To meet building regs background ventilation you're going to need a unit that can trickle ventilate at around 335m³/hr,  and boost to around 2 to 3 times this figure.

1 hour ago, jpinthehouse said:

Ceiling height 2.3 and not to bothered about the cooling side of it

In my case the supplier calculated what I needed for my house.  All the ones I had quotes from worked it out from the drawings I sent them I didn't have to calculate anything. The  one I chose  suggested the right size and designed the whole system. As part of their service after installation they come and check the calibration (using the cone?) and make any adjustments on the unit.  I can run it from an app on ipad and phone as well as from the unit itself.

I made a tick box list of things I wanted my system to have  (radial not branch, anti bacterial pipes, easy access filters, ultra quiet etc etc) and that is what made the choice for me, it was not only price. TBH I don't think a cooling facility would have done much to help with my overheating that is a glazing issue.

I went for a Robbens Frankische system with Profi air unit and I am very happy with it all and the service both from the supplier and the installer.