Cut Roof or Attic Truss

AM05

I am building a new house with habitable loft space and have to decide whether to isntall an attic truss or opt for a traditional cut roof.  I am very unlikely to want to change the house in the future and so am leaning towards the attic truss as it is cheaper but am being warned that the truss joists will allow more noise to the 1st floor (i.e hearing people walk around) than a posi joist floor would have if I have a cut roof.  A 3D model of the truss option can be found here  https://skfb.ly/6xZJC  Can you let me know what you would advise and if there is any compromise?

Many thanks

If the trusses are cheaper for supply and fit then I would go with them.  Metal resilient bars are cheap and if you fit them at right angles under the trusses before you fit the plasterboard ceiling it will cut down on noise.  You could always double board as well.  Add some Rockwool acoustic insulation in the floor void.  Take a look at the suggestions from plasterboard firms as most of their solutions are properly tested / measured for sound attenuation.

Really like the 3d btw.  Who did it?

And welcome to the forum!

Edited by Mr Punter

Thank you.  It was done by a company called Tailor Made Designs who I found on the internet.  They designed the attic truss.  The designer's name was Baz.

I went to Minera Truss as well but they said it couldn't be done with the ceiling height I wanted and the open space.  It is supposed to be 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a store room but I want to keep it open plan for now.  

The truss will be quite a bit cheaper but I am concerned about the noise of people walking above.