SWA cable in ducting

jfb

Quick question - will a 25mm2 SWA cable pull through a 50/63mm twin wall duct (assuming no outrageous bends) with relative ease?

What diameter is a 25mm2 SWA cable?

And as a sub note anyone know why I couldn't post this in the electric section (only certain options are not greyed out)?

15 minutes ago, jfb said:

Quick question - will a 25mm2 SWA cable pull through a 50/63mm twin wall duct (assuming no outrageous bends) with relative ease?

What diameter is a 25mm2 SWA cable?

And as a sub note anyone know why I couldn't post this in the electric section (only certain options are not greyed out)?

Yes, no problem at all.  I pulled about 20m or so of 3 core 25mm² SWA through a 50mm duct, including a reasonably tight bend where it came up through the slab.

Not sure why some topic areas are greyed out - I'll have a look and see if I can see if there's a problem.

I've just looked and cant see a problem.  Which sub-section were you trying to access, Power Circuits?

Edited by JSHarris
Added question

Its a small 2 bed barn conversion and a smaller office/spare bedroom barn.

2 bed barn is 40m from 3 phase board. Smaller outbuilding is another 15m on from that.

2 bed barn: 5kw ASHP, induction cooker (unspecified yet), sockets, lights

Outbuilding: sockets. lights, electric heater and ideally with potential for 7.5kw shower down the road

All well insulated, airtight.

Why not run two if you have a 3P board..?

60A to the first unit with 10mm2 would be fine, then take another feed to the second unit in 10mm2 again, assuming it’s only a 50A load 

Quicker cheaper and easier and means both can run independently