Tre Mercati - Deck Mnt Side Valves

Are Tre Mercati any good as a brand? Seen these elsewhere for over twice the price:

https://www.bradfordbathroomcompany.com/bathroom-taps/tre-mercati/novara-taps/tre-mercati-65000-novara-side-valves?gclid=CPnnhNCI2M0CFagy0wodyVkEOA&zenid=46fb0bdb0e437cfb6e75e7dfaa065704

And.....we have these, bought to go in the bath:

Capture.JPG

Would it be possible to say buy the same make (Quest / Bristan) deck mount valves like this:

Capture2.JPG

.....and swap the levers over?

Edited by Onoff

I doubt very much if you will be able to swap the levers from one make of tap to another if that is what you are suggesting?

We have a B&Q bathrom suite at the moment using the taps that came with it. One of the ceramic cartridge units failed and i tried to get a replacement, but nobody that I tried could match it as the number of splines where the levers fitted on was totally different to anything the plumbers merchants had in stock.

13 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I doubt very much if you will be able to swap the levers from one make of tap to another if that is what you are suggesting?

We have a B&Q bathrom suite at the moment using the taps that came with it. One of the ceramic cartridge units failed and i tried to get a replacement, but nobody that I tried could match it as the number of splines where the levers fitted on was totally different to anything the plumbers merchants had in stock.

No, same make, both pictures are Bristan Quest. I just don't like those bits of 1/4" rod sticking out of the deck mount valves preferring the "softer" rounded flat plate one above on the "normal" taps. I've emailed Bristan on it. Either that or the Tre Mercati ones in the link that look at least similar. 

My guess is that there has to be a fair degree of similarity in parts from the same manufacturer, if only to reduce the stock of parts needed to make different looking fittings (by using a "mix and match" policy).  I found that our kitchen tap handle was swappable, and that the body between three different designs was the same, it was only the handles and the nozzle that gave the different styles.

Is there any way you can check the diameter in a shop, first?  I'm near-certain the cartridges will be the same, as it wouldn't make much sense for a manufacturer to use different cartridges in their range, but that assumes the manufacturer really is a manufacturer, rather than just a middle-man re-branding stuff that's made elsewhere...................

It is I believe a woman's prerogative to change her mind.....

Madam has just said:

"I don't mind a combined filler/overflow then we could do away with the taps and have chrome blanks.....it's YOU who didn't want that!"

:o

So.....two 1.5" dia (nom 37mm) holes to fill. How about a couple of subtle lights?

(Possibly!)