saveasteading Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago Current house, not the project: We saw a paint blister on the back of a rad, just over the top edge. Of course we popped it, and some mucky water sprayed the wall. How much water? negligible, 1/20 of a teaspoonful. There is perhaps 50mm x 30mm of loose paint which has rubbed off easily. Strangely there does not appear to be any leak other than that initial spray. But there is probably air at the top....in which case where does the water spray come from? I'm guessing rust caused in the air gap at the top. I don't think we've bled it for a year. And that if I bled the rad, a pinhole would become apparent and leak. Patch or new rad?
MPx Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Yes agree with JohnMo - bin it and fit a new one. It wont have just rusted in the one place - could be like rice paper over a pin cushion. And while you're at it inject some Fernox or your choice of inhibitor into the system to delay the rust process in the rest of the kit. I'm guessing its not had a dose for some considerable time if rusting through....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now