Dillsue Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, kandgmitchell said: Trouble is the installer does presumably do this but then leaves the system set as they feel is appropriate. A short briefing on the the operation, the manuals (mostly installation rather than operation)handed over then off they go. Two years down the line how does one assess whether that set up matches your lifestyle. Finding accessible information that is understandable to tweek the system is hard. Many posters on here have got a very detailed knowledge of the operational side of these units whereas some of us are loathe to fiddle too much; especially just before the heating season........ What the installer feels is appropriate should be based on what you told them you want......did you get what you wanted originally and your lifestyle has changed that you need/want to change things 2 years down the road??
kandgmitchell Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago The pump came with the house package so there was no discussion with the installer prior. The didn't know me from Adam. The house functions well but with energy costs so high you have to wonder if the set up is performing at it's most efficient. Seeing other examples of energy usage for comparable homes does help to put it into context.
marshian Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, kandgmitchell said: I think this just makes my point....................... I don't think it does - maths is just maths Whenwe bought the house it was 23,000 kWh of gas annually - I got it down to 16,500 kWh of gas a year for CH and HW with typical home improvements before I started my optimisation efforts - I reduced it to 8,500 a year (with scheduled heating) but it's now stable at 10,250 running 24/7 with a DHWP and WC set up (I'm running a gas boiler like a heat pump) Latest change should see me back below 10,000 within a year
saveasteading Posted 8 minutes ago Posted 8 minutes ago 55 minutes ago, JohnMo said: like reading technical manuals, do it for fun, but the general UK public doesn't I've just had 2 single room aircons installed in our Spanish place. One Mitsubishi, one Fujitsu. These are simple units of one inside and one immediately outside. I got out the manuals with enthusiasm. Switch on remote control, Select temperature. The louvre directions can be altered. That's it. X 25 languages. That's impressive really. In among it all was a small tech table with the efficiency and other stuff. The installer pointed out the condensation pipe outside and suggested a plant pot under it. What is very Spanish about it is that the two units (4 machines) are powered from one plug, into a wall socket.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now