Waterworks Posted 11 hours ago Posted 11 hours ago Can I turn a small plot of agricultural land into an allotment for my own food use not as a business ? What would be the limits to structures on site ? Secure tool store Polytunnel Potting shed Greenhouse Sheperds hut for weekend overnight stays Are there any planning rules to this, tax or council involvement?
SteamyTea Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 7 hours ago, Waterworks said: tax or council involvement That is the kind of thing I want to know.
saveasteading Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Firstly don't use the term allotment as it has very precise laws. Allotment gardens cannot be built on without being essential services and also providing equally good replacements. I think your term would be be smallholding or market garden. But if it is already agricultural then I'm pretty sure you simply grow things on it. Buildings are another matter and so are holiday lets. the latter are encouraged on farms by way of diverse income for otherwise struggling existing farms. Farms need planning permission for barns, and have to demonstrate their need, but probably not for polytunnels etc. I'd say research further, start growing things, but don't expect to ever make money from it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now