Super_Paulie Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Anyone got any tips on attaching the individual door stops to the linings? I've got the doors hung, the linings are all filled and sanded ready for paint but I've got to get the stops on first. As I'm painting the frames (not the doors) should I be leaving like 2mm all round to accommodate that additional thickness, and should that be more like 3mm at the hinge side? Planning on Zinsser BIN then my topcoat.
Nestor Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago I used an old credit / debit card, cut up into 4 pieces and masking taped to the door along the handle / latch side as a spacer between the closed door and stop. Then same on the header and hinge side, though a slightly larger gap is fine. I would paint one first and pin lightly to establish the gap required, too much gap they can rattle.
Mike Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Yes, 2mm is standard - more-or-less the thickness of a 10p coin.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now