Vinyl flooring for wetrooms

I was wondering if it is sensible to cover the entire floor of the wetroom, including the shower former, in vinyl such as Karndean etc., as opposed to tile?  This would give the floor a seamless finish. Would you need a special type of vinyl that would be non slip?

It would be linoleum, mineral or vinyl tbh. 

On the pic I posted with the mosaic and the Amtico, I just took the tiles a bit further than I thought was necessary ( so the Impey former went in oversized too ). 

I can't help thinking that water and tiles are a good combination, for floors, but it may be worth asking if these resin floors can be used as they will be watertight, one assumes. 

We fitted a lot of resin based non slip flooring in showers aboard quite a few ships / MV's when I worked away and they worked well. They went over screeded steel decks though, so the subfloors were VERY robust / rigid. Best to ask the resin floors manufacturers tbh and likewise see what the options are for mineral / other too. 

Another option  ?

Wont be cheap. The Fiora one I fitted last was £500 for a 1000x1000mm. If avoid the White / lighter colours too as the 'grain' seems to harbour the grot a bit. Not the end of the world tbh if it's cleaned after every use but certainly a point to consider if you have a life beyond the shower tray ;)

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Another option  ?

Wont be cheap. The Fiora one I fitted last was £500 for a 1000x1000mm. If avoid the White / lighter colours too as the 'grain' seems to harbour the grot a bit. Not the end of the world tbh if it's cleaned after every use but certainly a point to consider if you have a life beyond the shower tray ;)

This wetroom must have a flat floor as we plan to have the glass door opening across the corner of it and acting as a shower screen as well. Difficult to describe - this is on the top floor with a sloping roof so it's all a bit of a tight fit.  I think we shall probably have to go with a tiled floor. Thanks Nick.

non-slip vinyl in rather ltd range of colours:

http://www.forbo.com/flooring/en-uk/products/step-safety-vinyl-wetroom/wetroom-solutions/bk1co5

or  Marmoleum Surestep or Safestep slip resistant the latter desigend specifically for wet rooms?

I had marmoleum in my prevous home, and it was very comfortable to walk on, needed frequent but simple care - sweep, wash.

• Like 1

Thanks @Nickfromwales and @Auchlossen; much appreciated.

This ensuite is in our son's bedroom, and he can be a bit of a dozy bugger.  One thing that worries me is that this ensuite is tucked into the the rear gable, and the apex is tight at the frame head so we've only got about 3 cm floor clearance unless I start thicknessing the frame head down further, and so we can only have a small thresh on the door.  IMO the disaster scenario would be if say he had a shower and dropped a flannel over the tray trap so the floor in the ensuite would then start to fill and top the door thresh spilling into the untanked bedroom.

We have a secondary drain in the floor near the door in the wetroom in our Greek cottage.  Is it worth doing something similar in this ensuite?   OK, this backup drain might never get called upon, so the tanking integrity doesn't need to be of the same robustness as the main shower tray.  However, it seems that using this as an emergency overflow would be a lot more to be preferred than topping the door bar and dumping water into the bedroom!!

Loft-BR-ensite.jpg

PS. How to you like my model toilet pan? xD