Is this timber 'treated' ?

Post and beam

Difficult to tell from that picture, could just be discoloured from age or the sun, but could also be vac vac treated. 

I would  say it's not pressure treated personally .

Trim a tiny bit off the end and see if there is impregnation marks 

Edited by stu w

11 minutes ago, stu w said:

Trim a tiny bit off the end and see if there is impregnation marks 

Thanks Stu. I will. I hoped the numbers designated it in some way as 'treated'. Personally i dont think it looks like anything other that white pine internal timber. The cut ends do not look like they have and impregnation of anything.

I think that is treated.

We had lots like that and I thought it was just sprayed but the website says it is thorough. May look it up later.

Did it now. Ours was Protim treated. Looks yellow on the surface like yours. Apparently it is a pressure treatment that penetrates (tho it isn't visible to me in cuts.)

Edited by saveasteading

18 minutes ago, Post and beam said:

Thanks Stu. I will. I hoped the numbers designated it in some way as 'treated'. Personally i dont think it looks like anything other that white pine internal timber. The cut ends do not look like they have and impregnation of anything.

If in doubt especially for a sole plate, I would use pressure treated timber

I am familiar with DOP certification in my working life. The displayed information showing compliance should be legible and enduring.

I dont find the markings in the picture clear enough to read so i think i need to ask to see the paperwork that applies.