Learning about timber closed panel systems

We are just buying a 22 year old house thats constructed using a timber frame CPS, something I have not had before. (Concrete block and render outside finish)

I have been told that there would be conduit in place from the factory for electrical wiring etc.

Do any of you have any good references on CPS so I can learn more about it, start to understand how it fits together and where conduit would typicaly run? I assume the electirican would run cables in after panels are in place, but where do the cables join, would there be any acces point left for maintenance? Would there be some sort of service void to the fuseboard etc.

We need to replace 3 bathrooms, possibly change some lighting, switches etc etc. So understanding how I can route power and network cables, hanging things on the wall etc are going to be useful.

You won't know for sure until you move in, but typically on top of the closed panels you would create a service void typically with 25mm battens and then the plasterboard over that.  It is then relatively easy to make alterations.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2024 at 11:10, ProDave said:

You won't know for sure until you move in, but typically on top of the closed panels you would create a service void typically with 25mm battens and then the plasterboard over that.  It is then relatively easy to make alterations.

I was hoping to try and use existing voids, conduit etc.

If the conduit is installed in the panels, ready to empty patresses, before its put into place - then there must be an easy way for the electrician  to have been able to run his cables around in them, and back to the board. Or is that usualy classed as first fix, which is the covered by additional finishes, making them unavailable afterwards?