Borehole water filtration & cleaning advice

Kuro507

The house we are purchasing has a borehole, which we have finaly located.😀

I will get a local Company to come and survey it, to ensure its still fit for purpose.

However, I would like to understand for myself how these systems are supposed to work and how they should be plumbed together.

There is a currently a Grundfoss 170lt accumulator, Ph tank with backflow, all supplied by a Lowara 0.75kW pump.

A water quality test was done and recommendations were to change the Ph from 6.8 (I suspect the Ph unit needs simply needs recharging), to add a filter unit and UV.

What order should these be connected together, starting form the incoming water from the borehole/pump?

For things like washing the cars, watering the garden etc. is there any sense in taking a feed to a garden tap from further back in the connected systems? Therefore not wasting money filtering or cleaning water thats not for human consumption?

I'm likely to undertake most day to day maintenance myself, so understanding how it all works, getting spare parts ready is going to help.

Thanks in advance for advide and guidance, its a steep learning curve!

Don't arse about, have all water filtered. Get a company to install, so you are covered for wholesome water. They will disinfect as required also.

If your water isn't pH neutral the last thing you want is to spray that all over your car or plants.

Servicing, day to day, there is none. We have just had an annual service done, everything reset as required media topped up, filters replaced etc. £160 incl. VAT.

Filter changes (10, 5 micron and UV) are an annual task unless water source is really mucky. Last year watering 800m of banking (2 hose pipes for around 2 hrs continuously) every other day throughout summer added an extra 10 and 5 micron filter change, so about £10.

• Like 1