Trickle vents replacement

Littlebig

Hi all,

A while ago we bought a new build and all our uPVC windows and doors were supplied and installed by BPS Windows.

They went bust not long ago and now I’m struggling to find spares for the windows.

I need trickle vent covers as I have two broken ones and after speaking with the developer to get details of their new supplier.

After speaking with them they said they will send some out but on two separate occasions they said they sent them out (in June & July) and I’m still waiting for them. 

Can someone let me know if I can just fit a different type as long as it is the right length and width?

Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

They're usually just clip in place with two or three arrow shaped plastic clips into slots in the window.. 

I've fitted three different brands Windows with these being slightly different types, but they all go intimate the windows the same way. 

I can't imagine they wouldn't be compatible. At worst they might be slightly tighter or looser to clip in, but still as functional/frustrating depending on your tolerance for them. 

(some people hate them here) 

Thanks for the reply. Just received the ones I ordered and put the new vent in the bathroom where I had the old one broken. It’s not a great fit but it’s ok so I’m not bothered.

I just hope none of the old ones break as I will have to replace them all then.