Detail sketch help

KAZAAD

Hi all,

I am preparing construction drawings for building control approval for a client who obtained planning permission for a 1 bedroom property in London. He passed these drawings from another architect and one of the features includes a diagonal gradient wall on the side elevation and tried to figure out whether its solid wall or timber frame cladding. I don't think the engineer has provided any detailed drawings but I attached my interpretation of the section detailing between the wall, flooring and parapet wall.

It would be great to seek advice on this matter.

Detailed Sketch.pdf

..guess you would need a cranked steel unless you have a ridge beam to work with? if its a mansard roof seem bizarre they've used a full brick and not a roof tile or slate?

20 hours ago, TommoUK said:

..guess you would need a cranked steel unless you have a ridge beam to work with? if its a mansard roof seem bizarre they've used a full brick and not a roof tile or slate?

I attached the section drawing with elevations and this is what the proposals look like where there is a wall which should be a cavity wall not a mansard roof. 

Proposed 5.1 plans elevations and section - Amended - 22.02.24-images-2.jpg

17 hours ago, ETC said:

Christ no!

Even worse, the client wanted no timber frame structure in the building unless it was a timber frame with brick slips cladding.