Windows location in reveal in new extension

Jeffb

Hi all just Checking how far back from the external wall Upvc windows should be fitted. 300mm wall construction, 100mm outer block will have 10/15 Mm render applied once windows are fitted, 100mm cavity 100mm internal block work. The windows are a 70mm profile. Any recommendations? I have had a look on line but I’ve not been able to find any info.
thanks 

jeff 

I always leave 50 mil of reveal on the outside Just enough to cover the cavity closer and will give you a 200 mil reveal internally once plastered 

the idea is you want the cavity insualtion to be continuos with the window so as much of the window as possible set back into the cavity. a bare min of 65mm back from outside.

Make sure you insist on straps for installing the windows not the cowboy method of smashing screws through the frames into 10mm of brickwork.

Hi thanks for replies, I am fitting the windows, I am using straps on the new build section, but will have to drill frames on the replacement windows. Any more comments, I can not find any building control info my architect is on holiday for a few weeks so no help ?