Loxone Holiday Mode 'replay' functionality

greetings Loxonists,

i was reading this blog on the Loxone website and there's a bit of text near the end that says

An added point of awesome: the Loxone Miniserver can record your actions in the week leading up to your time in the sun, and then ‘replay’ those actions while you are away, making it seem like someone is still at home.

anyone know how to get this to work as it seems like a pretty cool feature to enable while you're away?

36 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

anyone know how to get this to work as it seems like a pretty cool feature to enable while you're away?

I only use it for lighting blocks, and this explains better than I can:

It is very smart. Choose what to include in the replay and check on Presence Simulation in Loxone Config. Then at any time you want to switch it on you have the last week's actions recorded to be replayed. 

I include external lighting and lighting blocks from main internal rooms.

Edited by IanR
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, IanR said:

I only use it for lighting blocks, and this explains better than I can:

It is very smart. Choose what to include in the replay and check on Presence Simulation in Loxone Config. Then at any time you want to switch it on you have the last week's actions recorded to be replayed. 

I include external lighting and lighting blocks from main internal rooms.

amazing. thank you.

• Like 1

interestingly they changed presence simulation about a year after that video was released and the new version seems to be a randomisation of controls within a set time period for each controller rather than a 'replay' of how you actually use the house.

seems like a backward step to me! i liked the idea of replaying your movements as humans tend to be creatures of habit and no one would notice unless they monitor the house for a few nights and note exact timings for each simulation activity.

1 hour ago, Thorfun said:

interestingly they changed presence simulation about a year after that video was released and the new version seems to be a randomisation of controls within a set time period for each controller rather than a 'replay' of how you actually use the house.

You are right, and I'd not noticed the Block change, which must have happened on an update. I've now got the parameters for the randomisation, set to defaults, where before there was just the check box. 

image.png.eb8570002c358658a4d4e2dae9a4869c.png

i think i'll set the blinds to come down after dark and then randomise the lights for various times depending on the room. should be able to simulate a lived in house.