Thermostatic (concealed) shower valve on the blink - what tool can I use to dislodge brass ring?

So after 5 years use, the water's luke warm in the shower and all other outlets are bloody hot. I've got a water softener too, so it's annoying that the valve has still buggered up.

It's a Hudson Reed unit and I know that the valve is this one: https://www.divapor.com/spares/showers/thermostatic-cartridge/sc50t20-crosswater-thermostatic-cartridge-valquest-sc50-t20-and-sc50t20-m.php?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uK0BhC0ARIsANQtgGMIRbE611NVsfsByzD4XmXFkvYy08D1bFRQCgdIYfe25_D5WMzCvjwaArD1EALw_wcB

The issue is that the tiling is very tight and I'm hoping that there's enough space to get something in there to dislodge the ring (see below). Due to the depth of the ring behind the tiles (2-3cm) I can't get the angle right for a screwdriver and light hammer tap. Is there a special tool for this job?

image.png.2057bededd6dc2252c07251cec3419e3.png

image.thumb.png.234ac36a23554de7d0f4c4e16ee72209.png

I've contacted the manufacturer and they're telling me a spanner should do the job....how you're supposed to get a spanner in there I don;t know!

image.thumb.png.c78166bcea5370c03869758b379c2f25.png

Thanks in advance!

Edited by oranjeboom
additional info

43 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

a bit of tube filed down to have projecting pegs ought to do it

Yeah! Just need to find some metal tube...and cut.....or buy 'the tool for the job': https://www.showerspares.com/search/crosswater-cartridge-removal-tool-sc51/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uK0BhC0ARIsANQtgGMYv_HizFVrDNcccRhlClDiRepyu7W9-F0FC5qt9o42sva-oDrCJGwaAvwsEALw_wcB

• Like 1