How much does cascade MVHR cost? How noisy is it?

Pretty much what says on the headline.

Situation: I have part of the ground floor, all of the first floor, and all of the attic for a total of about 175m^2, or 120m^2 counting only the surface in which one can stand (the rest is the sides of the attic, or staircases, which don't count for the official total either). I suppose I'd need three cascade systems, or two if I'm very lucky (since I have only a bit of the ground floor, and the staircase is quite large).

(Currently I have PIV, which I am not very happy with; it hasn't even been installed all that well - it's nearly impossible to change the filter without destroying it.)

10 minutes ago, Garald said:

suppose I'd need three cascade systems, or two if I'm very lucky

Are using the correct terminology first?

Cascade would supply air similar to your PIV system to a central location possibly two or three. You would extract back to the MVHR unit for heat recovery. Problem room where you do not get a natural flow through, would be supplemented with through wall fans. Is this what you mean?

I would talk to Fresh-R, in The Netherlands, they will ask for your plans and come up with a scheme and cost. Then go from there. Their units modulate fan speed on CO2 and humidity so to minimise ventilation losses.

3 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Are using the correct terminology first?

Cascade would supply air similar to your PIV system to a central location possibly two or three. You would extract back to the MVHR unit for heat recovery. Problem room where you do not get a natural flow through, would be supplemented with through wall fans. Is this what you mean?

Yes, I think so. The general contractor says the existing ducts (which carry the positive-pressure air from the PIV to the first and second floors) are too narrow for conventional MVHR. Hence my interest in cascade MVHR.

3 hours ago, JohnMo said:

I would talk to Fresh-R, in The Netherlands, they will ask for your plans and come up with a scheme and cost. Then go from there. Their units modulate fan speed on CO2 and humidity so to minimise ventilation losses.

Cool, thanks. Do they also install things (in France) or would I have to work with a local plumber or ventilation person?

10 minutes ago, Garald said:

Do they also install things (in France) or would I have to work with a local plumber or ventilation person?

No idea, but assume one or other would be applicable