Ground level same as proposed DPC?

AdTee

On 17/07/2024 at 16:10, lineweight said:

My suggestion to use another row of marmox blocks was that you'd do that but keep the floor level the same. The second row of blocks would be behind the skirting board.

Ah I see. I'll look at the plans and see if that works. Thanks.

On 17/07/2024 at 16:10, lineweight said:

My suggestion to use another row of marmox blocks was that you'd do that but keep the floor level the same. The second row of blocks would be behind the skirting board.

I'm fairly certain you're not allowed to stack marmox thermoblocks on top of eachother, they have to be single layer.

On 24/07/2024 at 21:57, BadgerBadger said:

I'm fairly certain you're not allowed to stack marmox thermoblocks on top of eachother, they have to be single layer.

Yes it looks like you're right.

I'm not that familiar with marmox but there are other things that do a similar job (assuming the main job is reducing cold bridging)... foamglas perinsul for example, and that is available in a 140mm high block.

Looking at the original detail though, the marmox doesn't really look to be in the right place to me... shouldn't it be in line with the floor insulation.

marmox detailing is on their website, its different for different scenarios. 

Unfortunately you have chosen the most expensive build system whose only benefit is speed, so it its not up and finished in 2 months its wasted cash unfortunately.

On 30/07/2024 at 08:09, Dave Jones said:

marmox detailing is on their website, its different for different scenarios. 

Unfortunately you have chosen the most expensive build system whose only benefit is speed, so it its not up and finished in 2 months its wasted cash unfortunately.

I'm building it myself onsite, so for me it's the best overall system.