Prior Approval Scheme for larger extensions

Temp

I have a feeling I know the answer but I haven't actually seen a "grant" for this type of Planning Application. Lets say you submit an application under the Prior Approval/Neighbourhood Consultation Scheme for larger extensions...

Are the planners obliged to check your plans actually meet Permitted Development Rules as part of the Prior Approval process? 

If not then it looks like most people should probably ALSO submit an Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness at the same time. Otherwise you could find yourself lulled into a false sense of security by the grand and end up building something that needed a Full Planning Application.

In an ideal world you would hope the planners would check but I have a horrible feeling they don't.

Anyone?

Yes, they should be checking it complies with all the requirements. Why some (and I hope it is only a few) don’t do this is beyond me. The informatives included with PA applications usually offer applicants to submit an optional LDC application. That is the full belt and braces approach.

Also, you couldn’t submit the LDC application at the same time of submitting the PA application. The PA would have to be granted first.

Edited by DevilDamo