Where to start first board with uneven walls?

Hi, I'm planning on laying some laminate flooring in my summer house. 

I've seen online that you start in one corner against the wall and work from there. The problem I have is the summer house isnt exactly made to 90 degree angles on the walls so the boards at the front of the building would be off from the back. Not by alot but enough to see.

Should I place the first plank slightly away from the wall to start, so I get my 1st laminate row as a straight line and then fill the edges with cut boards? Or is there another way of doing it? So basically I won't start flush against the wall as I've seen online in nice perfectly 90 degree angle walled rooms.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help 👍 

11 minutes ago, Joe87 said:

Hi, I'm planning on laying some laminate flooring in my summer house. 

I've seen online that you start in one corner against the wall and work from there. The problem I have is the summer house isnt exactly made to 90 degree angles on the walls so the boards at the front of the building would be off from the back. Not by alot but enough to see.

Should I place the first plank slightly away from the wall to start, so I get my 1st laminate row as a straight line and then fill the edges with cut boards? Or is there another way of doing it? So basically I won't start flush against the wall as I've seen online in nice perfectly 90 degree angle walled rooms.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help 👍 

You to start by making a decision - are you happy with the walls, if not get wall straight and true first.

If happy with walls do it as it says start at back corner and work towards the door. Decide your datum wall, back wall would be my choice. Leave a gap all round for expansion, cut boards to wall angles, otherwise looking like a dogs diner comes to mind. Cover gap with skirting or trim pieces.

• Thanks 1

Space it so you will cut the first row.  Work out where the last row will fall so you can decide how wide to cut the first row.

Bank on cutting 2 rows.

Edited by Mr Punter
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Space it so you will cut the first row.  Work out where the last row will fall so you can decide how wide to cut the first row.

Bank on cutting 2 rows.

Ok, I've done a "dry" lay and marked up on the floor and can now see the cuts for the front and back row. I think it'll look fine. Especially as those areas are going to be covered with sofas, heating etc. The tapered boards that I'll have to cut are not as extreme as I thought they would be so I'm happy with how it'll come out. I appreciate the help. Thanks very much all.