Stopping planning works

I have planning permission for a side extension.  I have commenced work and foundations have been laid and steel work put in. 

However due to issues and finances I want to stop the extension and put the house back to how it was.  I won't be doing the extension, so am I allowed to do this, do I have to inform planning? Will they allow me to do this?

Posted (edited)

Hi @vik2001

If you leave the foundations in then you will keep the permission, which might be of interest to the next owner, so planners should not be bothered but ask them and confirm the foundations are in if you want to keep the permission.

More to the point would be building regulations. Definitely check with them. This depends how much of the original building has been removed and how much you need to put back.

This is all unless others here know more (more than possible).

Good luck

Marvin

Edited by Marvin
minor change.

My word @vik2001 what a situation!  It seems you have got planning consent, your neighbour? did some ground works, you had a falling out, you have not got the funds to finish the job?  But you are asking questions as if you plan to complete the work?

I think if you give us a straight up version of where you are and what you want to achieve you could probably get some sensible answers, otherwise it sounds a bit spammy.

Yea I don't have funds, run low.  Also I can't do the extension because the drainage route doesn't work, I can't get no inspection chambers on etc. 

I don't wish to continue the works, and never will. I have full planning but want to put the house back to how it was, and not continue with extension works. 

The rest of house house internally has been gutted so I'm keen just to get it back to how it was.

OK.  Maybe you should prioritise getting the house safe and weathertight.  You don't need to inform planning.  Once you have commenced you can take as long as you like or choose not to do it at all.  If there are structural alterations, like walls taken out and beams inserted, these will need to be given the all clear by Building Control.  They should be fine with you reinstating what was there.  Get them round and discuss it.

• Like 1

To reinstate the wall BC have asked existing foundations removed and replaced with 1m new foundations, then wall can be rebuilt along that side of the house.

I'm being told by the private building control company that this is a admendment and I need to submit a application. Does this sound correct.

I'm out of my wits end, and don't want to break any rules.