Gate Automation - Some basic wiring Qs

Conor

Hi.

Electrics is not my forte. I've a mate coming round on Thursday to help me wire it all up. I've a Deimos AC 600 unit that came with the gates (Czech brand). I've all the ducting in place, ready to pull cables. 

First question, what type of cables do I need? I have Screwfix, B&Q and CEF locally.

1.5mm 3 core?

0.75mm 2 core?

Coax?

Or 5 core 0.75mm for everything but the AC supply/Coax?

the 3core 1.5mm is the 240v AC supply. Everything else is 24v.

I assume for the 2x1.5mm on the drawing I just use a three core and leave one wire off?

The section of 5x0.75mm doesn't make sense to me.

image.png.d9293950c3c7474ccfde5b20335b5fd1.png

Second. Where do I get Black/Blue/Brown/Red cable from? Is Blue/Brown/Earth OK instead?

image.png.34f8511250c89f6e447e32933b9fef79.png

that drawing A is a bit confusing, there's a bit more cabling there than it looks. We'd really need the whole book to see exactly what's going on re sensor placement and such

\colours aren't that relevant but it looks like those 4 also need an earth so depending on how you're installing the cable that could be either an ordinary 5-core flex or something like a SY or YY control cable.

On 05/06/2024 at 09:44, dpmiller said:

that drawing A is a bit confusing, there's a bit more cabling there than it looks. We'd really need the whole book to see exactly what's going on re sensor placement and such

\colours aren't that relevant but it looks like those 4 also need an earth so depending on how you're installing the cable that could be either an ordinary 5-core flex or something like a SY or YY control cable.

Very little in the way of documentation. Seems to be 90% warning text!

BFT deimos pultelio priprogramavimas.pdf BFT_Deimos_AC_A600_EN_DE_IT_FR_SP_NL.pdf

OK so your second picture shows the internal wiring of the motor and it's encoder I think. They just need swapping over for L vs R travel.

so that's

mains supply, then

5-core to the photocell

2-core to the closed limit

2- core to the lamp (these look like they're all SELV)

and coax to the antenna

• Thanks 1