Smoke alarm fault

Tennentslager

Hard wired smoke alarm has gone off again by itself (no smoke or fire) this time at 3am. It's my boys flat, he has autism and the alarm caused him to kick off big style.

Worked on duty couldn't get it to stop so pulled it off the ceiling. What to do now?

Does it run off a transformer? Can I buy a new one and fit it? Or let the landlord do it...

Tough night for everyone the damned thing is commercial and wakes up half the street.

Could it be just a flat backup battery? They tend give up and start chirping at 3-4am because that's the coldest time of day/night.

If it's not that then.. Post make and model number which is usually written on the alarm somewhere. Possibly between the alarm and mounting bracket/base.

If it's a rented house should really let the landlord sort it.

We occasionally used to get serenaded by 5 interlinked smoke alarms at silly o'clock in the morning.  The adrenaline dump had usually subsided by breakfast time..  Anyway, all I could put it down to was dust, agitated by a breeze if we had windows open on a warmish night.  I started dismounting and vacuuming twice a year and the problem went away. No transformers in ours, just mains powered with 9v battery backup.