Baths - hot water blenders

Hi All,

Had building control pickup that the supply of hot water to our baths needs to be limited to 48*c. And therefore we need to add hot water blenders.

We have installed free standing baths with floor mounted taps. Any simple way to achieve the 48*c blend without hacking walls / floors / tiles?

I am totally over self-building now ... home stretch seems to be further out than I thought!

Cheers

Yer I suggested storing at 48 but he wasn’t having any of that. I guess a mixer on the exit of cylinder could work, but would that effect showers etc? 

33 minutes ago, jaydubya said:

Yer I suggested storing at 48 but he wasn’t having any of that. I guess a mixer on the exit of cylinder could work, but would that effect showers etc? 

Yes but...

Most shower mixers require the hot to be 10-12C hotter than the shower water. So if the hot to the shower is limited to 48C the shower will probably be limited to 36-38C ish. However google says the ideal shower temperature is 37-38C. You might see lower in practice due to losses down the pipes. 

You could fit a mixer valve that can blend up to 60C and turn it up a bit or remove it when the BCO is gone.

I'm not sure if they need specific fail safe features or could be a regular mixer. Google found this one intended for UFH but again it's not one I've used. The one we have is no longer available. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Temperature-underfloor-Compression-Kudos-Trading-delivery/dp/B085GLWX73?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A2S4BLAJZOXGY6

The valve is capable of regulating water temperature from 25°c to 60°c

PS Actually if they make one you probably want one that takes hot in the side, cold in the bottom and mixed on the other side so it's easier to insert in the existing pipe.