Build over private drain

trying to continue a extension now after it turned into a shambles with a rogue builder.

So behind the garage I'm doing a side extension, it had a manhole it's only serving my house, not shared. So I believe it's a private drain.
I have a manhole on my driveway also, is there any need for me to move the manhole where my extension is going to the back of the garden, or should I just add a rodding eye?

2. If I ever sell the property because I didn't need a build over agreement due to it being a private drain over the extension, will it cause me issues? Will I need to get indemnity?

You will find that BC will ask you to move it rather than build over it

I had this conversation yesterday with BC regarding another project that’s landed in my lap According to BC Since 2010 If waste water runs through a drain The local water authority assumes part ownership 

Posted (edited)

It's to late for me to move it. As work already commenced a while back then ceased.  The manhole was removed and the pipe extended where it needed to go, as new bathroom kitchen will be in side extension. It's not been fully covered over floor can be exposed still,  and we wanted to add a rodding eye.

I know I should have thought about this better but was given wrong advice at time.

The only other thing I was thinking was to revert everything bsck to how it was originally and forget side extension.

Problem with other option I have to reinstate wall and BC want me to dig 1m foundation. I'm worried to do this because I have 1m footings in other side that was created for side extension. I don't know what issues sthe extra foundation would create.

Edited by vik2001

You should establish what the drain does. Lift the covers and pour water in. Throw in a tissue for easier observation

Flush toilets, run sinks and observe. Rainwater too.

Also observe when it should be dry, in case water is coming from elsewhere. To be sure, a drain test plug on the outlet will  hold back dribbles and let you rest it without standing there.

With the info you can make the right decisions and discuss with the bco.