Why did our microwave cause a fuse to pop

Relatively new 1000W zanussi built in microwave. Is actually 2.5 years old or so, but is so crap we hardly use it, maybe 80 uses since installed at most.

Today, for the first time ever, it lost power. I went to the consumer unit and saw that it had cause the dedicated fuse to “blow”/“switch”/“break” - I’m not sure of the technical term. Easily fixed, I just flicked the switch and it’s all working happily again, but I just wondered why this happened?

There is also a fused switched spur between the CU and the microwave, local to the microwave - I guess this is additional safety.

They just do sometimes - is it a normal breaker or one with earth leakage (Residual Current Breaker with Overload protection - RCBO) detection- if the latter then it is even more likely to trip, our oven regularly trips the RBCO when we use excessive steam!

31 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

They just do sometimes - is it a normal breaker or one with earth leakage (Residual Current Breaker with Overload protection - RCBO) detection- if the latter then it is even more likely to trip, our oven regularly trips the RBCO when we use excessive steam!

Not sure. Building regs notice was served when we started works in late 2020 and certificate was issued in March or April 2022, so whatever breaker was mandated by the regs which were current then.