Ashp enough guts to power a shower?

Hi, about a year ago I had an ecodan air source heat pump installed, ever since the property has been an on going project and the system has only been used for heating- it's great.

I'm about to install the kitchen on the ground floor and a first floor shower room.

I was initially going to have an electric shower (it's what we previously had as we don't have has here) but now I'm wondering if the ecodan could supply the shower? The tank is on the ground floor (150 litre slimline)  and the shower will be on the first floor, about 8 metres away in pipe length.

I did ask the installers previously but they didn't seem to know.

Would I need an additional pump to get a suitable pressure on the 1st floor? Is it worth it?

Not looking for long showers but would want atleast 10 minutes of hot water a time

The cold water pressure is very high

The tank will also be connected up to the kitchen sink but its a 2nd kitchen area so wont be used a great deal, as well as the bathroom sink, again not expecting to be using a lot of hot water there

He's a pic of the set up

Thanks all for helping me avoid making a potential terrible mistake!

20240502_113850.jpg

Don't see any issues our shower is twice that distance away.  8m and a rise of about 3m isn't much.

16 minutes ago, vincrscotland said:

did ask the installers previously but they didn't seem to know.

That seems odd, was he a plumber or a random person off the street?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vincrscotland said:

The cold water pressure is very high

This is all that matters. It is the force of the cold mains pushing hot water out of the cylinder that gives you the 'high pressure' (aka balanced) supply you need. I would not fit an electric shower here at all as it completely wastes the saving from all the expense you have gone to installing an energy efficient heatpump that will produce hot water.

100% use the cylinder for the showers, but my worry is that your plumber may not have plumbed this for "balanced" supplies (all mixer outlets like showers fed from the cylinder multiblock (aka control group)). Do you know anything about the install?

• Like 1