garage foundations cost.

gaz_moose

I want to build a single storey single skinned garage 6.2m x 4.6m. with just a simple trench foundation for the walls to sit on, then a 100mm slab in the middle. Roughly how much would i expect to pay for someone to come and do this for me? i appreciate this is a daft question as there are a million variables to take into consideration. but it is just normal ground with decent access etc.. 

is this something that a normal builder would do or should i look for a concreting type company, i am foolishly confident i can do the brickwork and roofing myself, but digging a hole and poring some slop in seems to be vexing me 😁   

thank you for your response, i would be happy with quotes of about 5K, i just didn't want to waste tradesmen's time asking them round to quote me if it was going to be like 20K. be nice if i could do the whole thing for 20k 😁

• 3 weeks later...

where i want this building currently has a concrete sectional garage sat on top with a rubbish base.

ive had 2 quotes so far,

the first guy wanted to do a raft slab and wants 8.5K with me removing the roof/ walls and him removing the old base.

the second is 5.4k for a trench foundation with 100mm slab in the centre. with him removing the old walls/ base.

so quite a difference.

ive only had the two get back to me / actually turn up so will try to get another two quotes before making a decision. but a 3k difference and less work for me is currently sounding like the better option.