Next steps after planning permission

Some of you may have followed my other thread about the battles with planning permission - that are ongoing still as we come up to the ~3y mark in trying to get permission to build something we like.

I'm now trying to change mindset from planning battles to actually building - even it may be a compromised version of the vision we wanted. All of the research I did about 2+ years ago has completely vanished from my memory banks so starting this thread to get myself back on track. 

What are the steps after planning is granted to actually getting the build started - given that we need to demolish the current bungalow and start from scratch? My limited list so far:

1. Instruct architect to do technical drawings and specs for door/windows

2. Engage structural engineer 

3. Soil surveys - though architect says not needed as we're not refurbing and starting from scratch

4. Start the tender process based on technical drawings

5. Choose from a list of 3-4 builders

6. Demolish building

7. Get electrics, gas and water connections moved to a box at the edge of the property

8. Contact broadband provider to lay fibre to the property - is this a thing?

7. Lay foundations and start building

I'm sure there are a million things I'm missing so would love to get some help. 

3. Dependent on what SE wants.

7. Do this much sooner. Before demolition..apply as soon as you get planning.

8. Will require you to have walls built etc. put ducting in early tho as part of ground works.

1 hour ago, Chanmenie said:

Have you applied for CIL exemption ? You must do that before you start any building   

Yes, applied at the same time as planning was applied for. 

1 hour ago, Post and beam said:

Have you satisfied any planning conditions that came with the permission. I'd be amazed if there are none.

Not yet as we aren’t fully happy with the planning that was granted. The appeal for the design we want to build hasn’t yet been decided yet so we’re holding off.

Saying that, the planning conditions are likely to be very similar. So we could make a start on getting the info together - lots about tree protection measures and materials to be used. 

On 22/04/2024 at 13:18, Conor said:

3. Dependent on what SE wants.

7. Do this much sooner. Before demolition..apply as soon as you get planning.

8. Will require you to have walls built etc. put ducting in early tho as part of ground works.

Missed this one yesterday.

#3 - if this is a new build, would a soil survey not be needed? The plot is in an area with London Clay, so I assumed some sort of checks would be needed to understand how to build the right foundation for it?

#7 - Noted. The plan is to get all the connections moved to a box on the edge of the property and run ducting from there to the main house. Is this something I do with the utility companies directly or does the builder I instruct deal with this (apologies if this is a naive question - it is my first time at doing anything like this)?