What distance between battens?

So joiners are coming back to put extra battens on the smaller of the 2 roofs so we can put up solar panels at some stage. Then they are fitting the metal roof. We might put the panels up while the scaffolding is up but I don't know whether to hold off because pv news is full of incredible percentages of solar efficiency to come.  Oh and we are doing the pir in the floor and using an ashp. My question is what distance should we have the battens to suit whatever panels that may be available in the future? Also am I stupid for not putting extra battens on main roof too to allow it to be used for solar in the future especially as we have a 3 phase connection?Screenshot_20240420-114317.thumb.png.9f8eefd5a19e7fd17565ba2bed0bafee.pngScreenshot_20240420-114246.thumb.png.f01b402389ff0f503472a14ace591ffa.png

32 minutes ago, CalvinHobbes said:

don't know whether to hold off because pv news is full of incredible percentages of solar efficiency to come

They have been saying that for years, and still we wait. Efficiency just means less surface area for a given kW output. New tech comes at a high price also. G98 requirements will change though. So same kW rating just a fraction smaller panels. Why wait?

• Like 1