Internorm turn limiter

alexo

I've got turn limiter listed under the accessories hardware section of each window on my Internorm order.  Does anyone know if this is the same as an opening restrictor?  Thanks

So this is the kind of thing meant to be set by the fitter to stop them hitting walls etc rather than an adjustable child restrictor if you know what I mean?  Does Internorm do child restrictors?  I'm guessing this is another thing I should've specified when ordering.  Doesn't seem very safe to have these opening that far in kids upstairs bedrooms.

Do you know if there are any retrofit options on adjustable child restrictors? Thanks

Yes

Standard restrictors work but I can’t guarantee that the supplier will know how to fix them. 

They may say they don’t work but they do, they just need to understand what screw to remove on the mechanism and location. Which determines the finger restrictor position.

I prefer side fixing but they can be fixed on the bottom.

IMG_0520.thumb.jpeg.cccd43a5f38c30dca4110855ae8b21df.jpeg

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, alexo said:

So this is the kind of thing meant to be set by the fitter to stop them hitting walls etc rather than an adjustable child restrictor if you know what I mean?  Does Internorm do child restrictors?  I'm guessing this is another thing I should've specified when ordering.  Doesn't seem very safe to have these opening that far in kids upstairs bedrooms.

Do you know if there are any retrofit options on adjustable child restrictors? Thanks

If they are tilt and turn (inward opening) then the answer is no. Can't speak for casement. I've come up with my own high tech solution....a white doorstop screwed to the window board to stop the window opening more than the depth of the reveal 🤣

In an emergency, easy to force open.

Edited by Conor
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, craig said:

Yes

Standard restrictors work but I can’t guarantee that the supplier will know how to fix them. 

They may say they don’t work but they do, they just need to understand what screw to remove on the mechanism and location. Which determines the finger restrictor position.

I prefer side fixing but they can be fixed on the bottom.

IMG_0520.thumb.jpeg.cccd43a5f38c30dca4110855ae8b21df.jpeg

Thanks Craig, that looks like a good solution.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to work that out but I will see if the fitters know where it is.

My fitters have offered to retrofit the Internorm child restrictor which I think is called a 'turn lock restrictor', and when the Allen key is turned it only opens on the tilt (see pics).  Is it wise to retrofit these, including to windows with integrated blinds?  They say they have retrofitted them before.

pasted image 0.jpg

unnamed.png

Yes they can be retrofitted, you’ll lose the key. The fixing point is using the screw that holds the mechanism to the sash, you have a couple but generally only one supplies to space for it to work due to mushroom pin/keep locations. You can only use one screw (see above pic).

I tend to cut the head of a screw put it in the other screw hole and fix with gorilla glue.

The actual restrictor will fix into place easy enough.

This option would be the easier and most cost effective option, as you can this yourself. A couple of quid per restrictor, then your time.

Check warranty scenario though. We wouldn’t have any issue with you doing this but others might.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, alexo said:

which I think is called a 'turn lock

We have one of these on our newly fitted T&T internorm windows - specified when bought.  We had to fit it for Building Regs - needed it opened fully for Part O but not opening for Part K.   

• Like 1

And so my Internorm window saga continues... As a goodwill gesture the window company I used have agreed to retrofit restrictors.  They gave me the option of turn lock or concealed.  I opted for the concealed ones.  They are claiming they are getting these directly from Internorm and hence will have a long lead time.  @craig is it definitely the case that Internorm do not sell concealed restrictors?

They are referring to the turn lock, not a restrictor. You can have a concealed or visible turn lock supplied by Internorm, an opening restrictor as mentioned above, would be an after-market solution and unlikely to be something the supplier or Internorm supported.

You can get left and right options on Amazon, they're about £5 per restrictor and something you could do yourself.

Concealed turn lock (it's not concealed but flush mounted) this is from a different supplier of course.

concealed-turn-lock.png.44809d4efc39ea1b4bb925554777da36.png

Child finger restrictor 

child-restrictor.png.9628a666fc4faadea0df09a8adaf269b.png

The picture below shows the space available from the restrictor to the locking keep, you'd be able to judge easily if it fitted in place or not.

child-restrictor2.png.0dfeb147f607c0eb2605727280494754.png

Restrictor arm in the closed position.

child-restrictor3.png.thumb.jpg.321cc90b10d3db0436cf9fddd335e71a.jpg

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, craig said:

They are referring to the turn lock, not a restrictor. You can have a concealed or visible turn lock supplied by Internorm, an opening restrictor as mentioned above, would be an after-market solution and unlikely to be something the supplier or Internorm supported.

You can get left and right options on Amazon, they're about £5 per restrictor and something you could do yourself.

This is the concealed restrictor I'm being offered.  Isn't this a third party one?  I'm not opposed to them fitting third party, I did request this so it could be resolved quickly.  But they are telling me they are getting these ones directly from Internorm and say there will be long lead time.  

IMG_7672.jpeg

Interesting, I need to look into that - not aware of that (you learn something every day), not sure how it works tbh.

Edited by craig

10 minutes ago, craig said:

Interesting, I need to look into that - not aware of that (you learn something every day), not sure how it works tbh.

Supplier has just got back to me.  It is Internorm.  Called a 'rebate stag guiding rail'.  See image.

unnamed-3.jpeg